Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nope..I'm not dead....

Just busy. It seems like every time I sit down to blog someone calls, or shows up..or the kids start fighting. I haven't been able to catch a break I swear.
So what have I been up to...well...end of the year homeschooling stuff..trying to get the portfolios together and figure out what we still need to accomplish...I'm finding that I'm short on writing...my kids HATE to write...its something that we've struggled with all year. We've made some progress, but not as much as I would have liked. There is always next year, right?
Mike and I attended a military ball a couple of weeks ago. It was a fun time. I really liked the king sized bed and quiet room we had :P The day after that we went to visit an Icelandic sheep farm. I fell totally in love with all of them...they were so sweet and woolly :-P I didn't have my camera and Mike never took any pictures with the camera he had..oh well..next time. Lambing season starts at the end of next month and we're hoping that one of the two of the ewes that are bread to the AI ram Mori will drop a little ram to be the breeding ram for my flock. I'm pretty excited about getting sheep :-D

Mori, the Icelandic Ram

Spring is officially here, and it really felt like it last week..temps in the 50's. This week its been cold again..and I'm really ready for the cold to just GO. I broke out my red crocs and am SO ready for spring to just be here already. I'm looking forward to digging in the dirt and planting tons of veggies...


Ive been dealing with an ill cat. Midgi has FLUTD...feline lower urinary tract disease...basically he has crystals in his urine..and they irritated his bladder and urinary tract so that he got pretty stressed out..and when he got stressed..a muscle near his bladder got tense..making it impossible for him to pee at all...so a weekend at the vets, catheters, testing, bladder flushes...he's finally home. Not 100%. IN fact I don't think Dr. Sally thought he was going to improve at all..but she felt that he had a better chance at home where he was less stressed. Well..this morning he was producing drops...then lo and behold he peed a stream..on the floor..but still. If he hadn't started peeing..I would have had him put down today...and I really thought that was what we were headed for...and I was pretty upset. Let's hope this trend continues.

So a big "Happy Spring" to everyone...once things slow down I promise I'll be back here regularly...now I'm off to help with personal narratives...joy of joys. :-P

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Oh, I see the bit of green. How exciting! I'm off to shovel dirt...the space heater has been thawing all morning. I'm looking forwarding to gardening as well.

Firefly Mom said...

I'm so glad to hear you're not dead ;D It seems like everybody is busy at the moment, which seems odd to me, as this used to be such a quiet time of year for us. Must be something to do with kids getting older and all.

Sorry to hear about your cat. Here's hoping that he keeps up with the peeing (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write :)

And right there with you on wanting the sunny weather. I've been doing a little garden planning in my head to get ready for the warmer weather!

Jess said...

Glad to hear you amongst the living! I haven't been blogging much either.

Anonymous said...

I totally missed this while on vacation, so am now just catching up...and hope that by now, Midgi IS back to 100%.

Ah, sheep...I really want some too. We've been looking at fencing lately (how many other folks do you know who peruse fencing catalogs while eating dinner?), and trying to figure out what we can afford in terms of footage and also in terms of how many animals we can keep in/protect with what we choose. Fun stuff.

Hope Spring is being good to you!

Firefly Mom said...

So you pop up, reassure us that you're not dead, and them promptly drop off the radar again. See how you are ;D

Gayle said...

Ya, I'd say 3 months is definitely off the radar. What? Are the sheep getting the best of you? lol :) I hope everything is just peachy in your neck of the woods.