Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The man is a machine! He just keeps pounding away!...

The floor in the "classroom" is done!! (Yes, the title is all about his determination to get this floor done..what did you THINK I was talking about??:-P ) And he's continued his efforts into the actual living room! Yay! He worked all day yesterday finishing everything up and getting trim back to where it should be. What a guy :-D

This is the "done" room...filled up so you can't really see the floor :-P lol...I'll have to take pictures after we empty it all back into the living room. It looks so good, I'm so happy we chose to go with bamboo.
This is what is done of the living room..about 1/2 way there :-) I'm telling you..he's a machine! :-P (Are you reading this, Dear? I'm so talking you up! :-P) He probably would have finished even more if he hadn't had the unfortunate accident with the hammer. He gimped to bed last night (I thought of you Firefly :-P) and said to me "Remind me not to hit myself in the foot with that flooring hammer again. " Personally I would think the lump and bruise on his foot would be reminder enough...but I promised him I would anyway. lol.

Half way through the flooring adventures!! wooot!! We only have the kitchen, dining room and back room left after this! And those won't be bamboo so they should go in much faster. Yay! :-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't going to have a dirty mind. ;D

Your dh is amazing...that floor is so wonderful, it makes me want to lie down on it. May I have one now? Please?

stace41971 said...

I love laying on mine..its so soft and smooth...and there are NO SLIVERS!!! WOOO lol:-P I would recommend this stuff to anyone that asked right now..I say right now because I haven't lived with it long enough to fully endorse it :-P We'll see how it goes this winter..if that doesn't destroy it then I'm willing to throw myself fully onto the endorsement wagon!

Anonymous said...

Well, it'll be a few more years yet before we need to replace any floors, so I'll see what you say several years down the line. ;>

Gayle said...

That floor is awesome. The whole house is. Wow! You are so lucky. We have sooo much to do. Every night it is a shuffle to see who is sleeping where in this undone house! But what can we do? Hubby works six days a week and I have three boys in football. We go out the door between 3 and 4, and come home about 10:00pm. Doesn't leave much for extra. Looking forward to finishing it. Until then..I'll just enjoy the beautiful photos of your home and yard!

Firefly Mom said...

OK, I won't tell you what first came to mind when I read the title (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) ;D

The floors look great! Your hubby did a great job. Tell him to be careful with that hammer - he doesn't want to have to use my crutches ;P