1. It's so slow. Graphic intensive pages take me 12 days to download...if they load at all. Many times I have to go back and right click and "show picture" for every individual picture. what a pain.
2. If it rains here it makes the phone lines crackle. Which means if I can connect at all, it's at a ridiculously slow speed..like 28.8Kbps.
3. I'm tethered to the wall with my Laptop and can only go online near a phone jack.
4. (this one is for my husband ) All the good games take a high speed connection to function properly..or for you to at least stand a chance against other players..especially when most of those players are playing on a normal, quick connection.
5. The fact that people who live 3 miles away from me can get DSL makes me hate my dial up even more. Will they EVER bring cable out this way????? ugh!
6. If this house had been built on the other side of this ridge and in sight of Burke Mountain, I would be able to get a wireless connection. Ok..maybe this has more to do with not liking where I live..but I'm throwing it in there anyway :-P
7. I can't use the phone and the Internet at the same time (well, technically I can if I'm the only one online, but I had to get another phone line to do it).
8. If I'm on the Internet and someone calls me..it kicks me out of the page I'm in and offline. Not fun if you're in the middle of paying bills and don't know if you got kicked off before the payment went through or not...
9. I can only comment/visit a small number of blogs because it takes so long for each of them to load..and I want to visit them all! I feel like I'm missing out on so many great blogs and people..its frustrating!
10. Downloading projects for the kids homeschooling takes forever..and we all know how patient kids can be.
11. I have 4 children..4 computers...and 2 phone lines...
12. There are many pages out there that I simply cannot visit at all unless I drive down street and sit in the armory parking lot and use their high speed connection. Yea that doesn't look sketchy at all.
13. Dial up promotes housework. When I try and visit a graphic intensive page and have to wait 12 days for it to download..I have nothing else to do but clean my house while I'm waiting..because I can't open more windows and visit other places..it locks up my computer and things flash and alarms go off if I do...So I get to sweep and mop and do dishes and *shudder* laundry. SO NOT FAIR!
so all of you with high speed connections...feel grateful. You are envied. Excuse me while I try to post this..I'll be doing the dishes while I wait for it to be
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants