Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've been tagged.

Firefly mom (http://www.packofhungrysnails.blogspot.com/) tagged me with this Meme..and although I should be doing a kabillion other things..I'm going to take the time to sit down and answer each and every question because I'm such a kind and generous soul...no..it has nothing to do with the fact that I just poured myself a cup of coffee or that sitting here has stopped the spasms in my back...its all about how willing I am to stop everything (because you all know how much I LOVE housework) to answer questions about me that you all are just dying to know...I know you are...
So here goes:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Lets see..10 years ago I had a 7 year old, a 4 month old baby and was 3 months pregnant. So I was dealing with the dramas of the 3rd grade, changing a LOT of diapers and feeling like crap.

2. Five snacks I enjoy:
lately its been all about nectarines!
crackers and bousin cheese..i think that how you spell it..its french and herbed..so good.
popcorn..although I hate the stuff that gets in between my teeth..so I don't eat it often.
croissants.
Toast. boring I know.

3. Five things on my to-do list today:

Get dressed :-P
Do the dishes.
Buy a present.
Get castille soap so I can make shampoo.
Pick up my kids..can't forget that!

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Pay off all my debt.
Buy usable land.
have a small, organic farm with lots of veggies and fiber animals..and chickens and duck..maybe some goats...I'd probably have a little of everything.
Travel and show my kids the world
Live off grid!
Live somewhere where the government didn't have its fingers in everything.
I would make sure all of my family and friends were set for life.

5. Five jobs I have had:

I worked in a Laundromat.
I worked at Cumberland farms (I have some interesting stories about that...*shudder*)
I worked at the jewelry counter in a department store.
I worked as a clerk in a local book/smoke shop.
I worked for myself making jewelry.

6. Five of my bad habits:

Apparently I clench my jaw...I never realized it until I developed TMJ. Oh Joy.
I always forget to put the lens cap on my camera lens...so sooo bad.
I never balance my check book :-P
I don't ask for help when I need it.
I tend to overextend myself...this kinda goes along with the previous "bad habit"...I overextend myself..don't ask for help and end up being a stressed out, tense muscle, jaw clenching bear of a woman. *sigh* when will I ever learn?

7. Five places I have lived:

Whitefield NH
Sarasota FL
Balsam NC
Rygate Corners VT
Sutton VT

8. Five people I want to get to know better (yes, this means you are tagged!)

http://www.twopluseight.blogspot.com
http://www.housewoods.blogspot.com
http://granolachicslife.blogspot.com
http://mackvilleroad.blogspot.com
http://kabersblog.blogspot.com/

9. Five random things:

Every one of my children's names has a story or a special meaning behind it. Aysha Elizabeth..named after my grandmother who I loved so so much (her middle name was Elizabeth.). I saw the name Aysha in a book when I was 3 months pregnant and I just kept coming back to it..even though I had pages and pages of names that I liked. I think she named herself. Tryphon Clifton (yes it rhymes) was named after Mikes grandfather Clifton. We couldn't decide on a first name though. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and happened to be watching figure skating on TV (just for the record we didn't have satellite at that time and only got 3 channels) and one of the amature skaters name was Trifun..he was Russian so I'm not even going to attempt the last name..but we heard it..and really liked it (Tryphon rhymes with Griffen). Zephryn Sumner. Named after both of my grandfathers. Sumner is a name that has been passed down on my side of the family for a hundred years and since I'm the last of that line, I had to continue the tradition. Zephryn was my great grandfathers name. Mike still says he's named after Zephrim Cochrin from Star Trek though :-P Oh..and together his name means Summoner of the West wind...how cool is that?
Lyliana Eve. Named after three of my relatives. both of my grandmothers; Lillian Elizabeth and Vera Eva. And my sister who died at birth Leslie Ann. She just likes to say she's named after snow white (From the movie Snow White tale of terror...and she is a terror so she might be right :-P).

I like to drink Guinness when its room temperature.

I hate folding laundry..its the bane of my existence.

If I didn't have Sirius radio in my van I'd probably be on anti psychotic drugs by now (I drive over 100 miles a day within a 20 mile radius of my house because there is no busing...that's just one reason I'll be homeschooling next year).

Don't ever ask me about Sutton school unless you have an hour to listen to me go off about the lying no good principal and the useless passive aggressive third grade teacher.

4 comments:

Firefly Mom said...

Glad you did the meme! I appreciate how kind and selfless you were in putting aside all of the chores that needed to be done just so you could tell us about yourself *snort*

That's such a great story about how all of your kids were named. My husband and I read all through those 10,000 baby name books desperately trying to come up with something that we could agree on. We finally sat down and wrote out the names we liked, exchanged lists, and found that only one name made both lists. Then we had to find a middle name.

You drive 100 miles a day?? OMG, I can see why you need Sirious! I would hate being in the car that much every day.

P.S. I'll come fold your laundry if you come do my dishes ;D

stace41971 said...

I dont think you know what you're getting yourself into..its been years since I've seen the bottom of my laundry pile...I have no idea where it all comes from either...maybe the neighbors are sneaking their stuff in...:-P I'll take dishes any day!

Firefly Mom said...

Well, my dishes may rival your laundry! Actually, my counter space is too much of a premium for it to get too bad, but I still hate it.

If your pile's been there *that* long, just assume that the kids have outgrown all of their clothes at the bottom and just get rid of them ;D

granolachic said...

wow...i think i may be in love...guiness is the reason i will never loose these last few pounds...well...that and the cheese dip...good thing i am always preaching about chemicals in food...sigh...i do love guiness, though! have you been to pioneer woman's blog? think you would like it...she's a minor celebrity these days!