Monday, July 16, 2012

Good lord...where does the time go?????

I finally replaced the solar charger down in the woods and moved the piglets.  They're much happier...and are sharing their woodland paradise with a family of turkeys.  Mmmmm..turkey :P

The garden is growing CRAZY!  It's been hot here...and just a little bit on the dry side...not as bad as the mid west though. All and all it's been fantastic weather for growing.  I'm not complaining at ALL!

 Excuse the shaggy grass..my lawnmowerS are broken and we've been relying on sheep to keep our grass mowed. 
 The best peas EVER!
 Amish paste tomatoes.  Weird curly leaves...it looks like it's wilty..but it looks like this ALL the time.  It's odd.
 My pop corn patch....Never tried growing my own popcorn before..and since everyone likes popcorn..but not CORN...I decided.."why not!".  I just need to figure out the curing.
 Entirely too many green and wax beans.  Oye. I'm going to have beans coming out of my wazooo!

 I planted peppers, melons, gourds and eggplant inside the greenhouse this year...they look awesome!
 Kittay's catnip patch.  It is here he sits at night...eating the nip before he goes on his drunken hunts.  I should cut it down.
 Savoy cabbage...

Some of my weeding helpers.
My eldest got married on Monday (yes..Monday) July 9th.  It was a beautiful wedding and it is so nice to see her so very happy.
 I've been advertising my sheep herd.  I have sold 4 so far.  Rita..the black and white spotted ewe, Yoshi, my very favorite ram *cry* and two ewe lambs.  I'm glad they're going to a good home, but it was still sad to see them go.
 There are some really nice lambs in this year's crop.
 Love this rams coloring. 
These guys are HUGE!

Kittay has been keeping me busy as well....I found a stiff mouse behind the couch this morning...I have no idea how long it had been there, and have now had to implement a "look behind everything daily" rule. Yesterday the sick bastard brought in a frog..with one puncture wound in it's side..and entrails coming out. It was very much alive..and as it hopped it left bloody frog prints all over my floor. Some days I wonder why I have cats. :P

13 comments:

Teresa Robeson said...

Ah, no matter how the world changes, we can always count on Kittay to remain the same and gross us all out!

Congratulations to you and your daughter!! Surely, you're not old enough to have a kid married off.

What?! Your family doesn't like corn? We crave it. Popcorn is fun and tasty too, but it was a lot of work getting it off the cob.

Raccoons ate all our melons (and killed 6 of our chickens) while we were on vacation. *&^% beasts.

But, we did get some rain, so it wasn't all bad. ;)

Teresa Robeson said...

P.s. so sad for you that you have to sell your favorite ram. :(

MałaMi said...

great photos :)
greetings for u

carpetclean12 said...

Thanks for sharing this useful and wonderful information.


PLease visit on these hypertext keywords also:-- tile cleaning chattanooga | tile cleaning gadsden | carpet cleaning gadsden | cleaning service birmingham | tile cleaning birmingham

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yay for a growing garden!

Life on a C string said...

Love the garden. So glad that I stumbled upon your blog.

Teresa Robeson said...

So last night, I had a dream that you were on Twitter. I was so excited! So, I dropped by today to see if my dream was true or if I'm just nuts. Turns out I'm just nuts. ;D

I see no "Follow me on Twitter" button...I'll assume you're not on Twitter then? Bummer....not that I'm on there much, but at least I actually haven an acct. ;)

RaeAbigael said...

amazing photos :)
visit my blog too? http://raellarina.blogspot.com
xoxo.

Unknown said...

Nice post i like it lots thanks for sharing.


Also click on these keywords :-- adt texas alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | Security Monitoring | burglar alarm

Chai Chai said...

Hey, It is time for a new post! I want to know what is going on around there.

Gayle said...

So did the popcorn turn out? I did not realize you had so many sheep....I lost count somewhere. Time for a new post and photos lady.... damn Facebook!! LOL (This is Gayle at The White House if it calls me anonymous...been doing that to me all morning).

Saeed said...

Thanks for discussing this useful and amazing information.


PLease check out on these hypertext search phrases also:

HD Wallpapers Video Songs Love poetry
HD Wallpapers Video Songs Love poetry

Anonymous said...

Love the garden

Dominikazrastakova.blogspot.com