1. This upcoming appraisal has produced a home improvement demon in my husband.
2. One of the projects he's got going is a huge walk in storage closet over our garage. This house was built circa 1840 so closets and storage space are non existent.
3. Its rained non stop for 3 days...Can you imagine camping out in canvas/bottomless tents for a week in non stop rain?? with NO way to do laundry or shower? ick.
4. We have saved soooooooo much money in gas.
5. My floors are going to finally get done!!! NO MORE SLIVERS!!!! Yay!
6. I get to go through and re organize stuff that is going into the new storage space. I know, that sounds like it should be a negative, but I really enjoy going through boxes and such to put my hands on things and catalog its whereabouts in my head. Strange I know, but I never claimed to be "normal" :-P
7. I have time to Sew. Generally I don't like sitting and sewing..but lately I've been in a real "crafty" mood and I've enjoyed putting things wearable or usable together.
8. Its given me time to research Icelandic sheep. Tri-use sheep with awesome wool who are easy to raise. We've been trying to figure out what we can put on our land to help keep the brush down and still get product from...these seem to be what we're looking for.
9. The appraisal is going to happen on OUR time line....so we don't have to worry about a dead line.
10. Our current assessment is old and we needed a new one anyway.
11. Everything in the immediate area is listed or selling for over $100K which is good news for us because our 8 year old assessment from the town has us listed for $79.9K.
12. I was able to finish watching the Firefly series that I ordered from Netflix.
13. I get to spend my husbands birthday at home so I can make him a cake..actually I think we're going to go to a Friends house for a fire and some food. In Canada we would have been around strangers.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants