Monday, June 30, 2008

Friday Freebie: What I have learned from Homeschooling in 13 words or less.

Let their questions lead you. I'm pretty new at the whole homeschooling thing, but one thing I have definitely learned is LISTEN to what they ask and turn their questions into a lesson. I've taken one question and turned it into a vocabulary lesson, a spelling lesson and a math lesson..with a little creativity just about anything they ask can be approached this way..and the great thing is if they're interested in what they're asking about, they will be much more open to learning about it.

Thank you Makita for doing the Friday Freebie!

4 comments:

Ms Eva said...

Yay! I'm so happy that someone is participating... I was worried there for a while. :D

Your insight is great! Letting the kids lead the way with what captivates & interests them is integral to what we do! :D

tiff said...

Fantastic...Listening is definitely an important skill...and when you can turn it around into a homeschool lesson...well even better!

I agree keep your child engaged by listening to their interests...let them lead the way!

i played along with makita's 13 words or less...fun!

Firefly Mom said...

Well done Stace! You may not have been homeschooling long, but you're already ahead of the curve. Given the opportunity, a child's interests will lead them to learning opportunities that we'd never even think of!

I'm still trying to do answer that question in 13 words or less. I've learned so much in the last 7 years it's hard to be brief!

granolachic said...

that's awesome! i have been reading the charlotte mason phil of learning...bit and peices...seems like something you may like...