Here goes, just a few bits of "wisdom" from yours truly:
1. If you ever have the chance to partake mead, do not, I repeat do NOT drink it as fast or in the same quantity as you would beer or wine. It won't end well. I promise.
2. If your husband is going out of town, some appliance you need will break. It seems to be a law of nature, I don' t know why, and I certainly don't agree with it.
3. When moving a big appliance out of the house, by yourself, take extra care to lift with your legs and guard against pulling the major muscle in your butt. It makes sitting hard and explaining that you pulled your butt muscle to people who ask why you're limping is embarrassing.
4. If your young daughter shows interest in pageants....run....yes, its fun to dress them up and take pictures of them and do their hair. It is NOT fun, however, to add up the expenses that said pageants bring. You could be putting that money toward something useful....like pedicures and coffee.
5. Do not enter a feed store in the spring close to closing time and think you're only going to walk out with hay. Guaranteed you will end up with some sort of homeless poultry because "sucker" is tattooed firmly upon your forehead.....Oh..wait..maybe that's just me...:P
6. Never put white on a child under the age of 15. NEVER!
7. Make sure when leaving a boy at home alone you mention that climbing a tree when you're not home is probably a bad idea.
8. Cheap coffee doesn't wake you up as good as the freshly ground stuff.
9. When your bedroom is in the living room, it forces you to make your bed Every. Single. Day.
10. You can fit 18 bales of hay in the back of a mini van. Really.
11. There is never enough room in storage spaces for storage. NEVER.
12. Always kiss your children goodnight and tell them you love them....because you never know what they're going to try and pull the next day.
13. Hug your parents as often as you can...and apologize for every grey hair you ever gave them.
14. Be ware feeding sea gulls...they will shit in your eye.
15. Make sure your mouth guard is put somewhere the DOG CAN'T GET IT! Apparently they are considered to be doggy caviar.
16. Don't worry if the dishes aren't done....eventually someone else in the house will notice and do them. Ok..that is a lie...a bold faced lie. sorry.
17. If you have parakeets do NOT put them in a room where you may chit-chat with company. If they are of the same sex they will sing and screech over the conversation, if they are male and female...well...lets just say budgie porn isn't always a good way to drum up conversation.
18. Befriend a Scotsman. Your liver might not thank you, but the stories you'll hear and the laughs you'll have will be well worth the jaundice.
19. Never look underneath your table top. You really don't want to know.
20. A riding crop hanging next to the front door (if you don't own a horse) sparks many interesting conversations.
There you go! Enjoy your day, I know I have :)