Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vella, the Vet and Psycho's future....


After a long, sleepless night because my furnace wasn't running, I had to get up and bring Vella to the vet's to be spayed. Lately we've had so many places to be that don't allow dogs that I've had to crate her, so this morning, for the first time ever, she ran to the van with the kids and got in on her own. I doubt she'll ever do that again! *sigh*.

Dr. Sally called a couple of hours after I dropped her off to assure us that Vells made it though

fine and to discuss when a good time to pick her up would be. She also pointed out that she had tape worms...AGAIN. Which means she probably has been bitten by a flea that carried the tape worm larvae with it. I hit every one of my cats with Revolution after we found out she had tapeworms back in November...which means Psycho brought them in. Perfect....or maybe I should say..Purrfect :-P After some discussion we decided that I would treat Psycho with Revolution as well, and Vella again so we're not dealing with tapeworms anymore. And come spring Ms. Psycho is getting a treat! Yes...we decided since she's matted beyond what I can comb out safely...and by that I mean comb and keep my fingers...she will be taking a trip to the vet to receive her very own hair style....she will getting the Lion Cut. If' you've never seen this lovely little doo, please google it. I promise it will horrify and titillate all at the same time. It's truly a special cut. I will tell you before her big day..because I'm fairly certain that after I get her home...I will be maimed in some way and probably be unable to use my fingers. Gotta love mentally ill cats...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Now this might be considered funny or mean. My hubby though it was mean, but we shaved our fat orange cats tail just for fun. We even left him a pom-pom on the tip. My husband was so mad, but all of our neighbors use to crack up when our macho (Garfield like) cat with the pom-pom, would strut down the street! LOL

It's only hair!

Gayle said...

Vella is absolutely adorable, but hairy! Oh my! She held still for the photo, too, which is more than Roscoe does. I have to shoot 20 to get his whole body in the shot! :) Glad she came through fine.

Anonymous said...

The hard part is to keep her still after she gets home...at least it was for us when we got our dog spayed. :} Bummer about the tapeworms.

Be sure to show us Psycho's new 'do when it happens! If you could get your maimed fingers to operate a camera, that is. Heh heh...