Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #4...thirteen completely random things about me...

With everything going on for the last few weeks I didn't have time to really think of anything original for my TT...so this will have to suffice. I will try and come up with something somewhat original and entertaining for next week..but I won't promise anything :-P

1. I can wiggle my nose like a rabbit. This entertained my friends endlessly growing up..hey..we lived in a small town with nothing to do, my nose wiggling was premium entertainment!

2. I think I'm allergic to grass. Every time I sit in it my legs get splotchy and itchy and start to swell.

3. I have really ugly feet. The grass allergy doesn't help matters..I love being barefoot outside. I'm surprised people don't run screaming when they see them at the beach..big swollen blotchy things..ick.

4. I haven't been to the doctors in 5 years. OK, probably not a good thing, but there it is.

5. I quit school 3 months before I was supposed to graduate because the Vice Principal told me if I missed anymore days I'd stay back. So I quit, got my GED and eventually my degree in Medical Transcription. Which I hate and will never do..why? because the ear phones kill my jaw.

6. I picked up my Father's 35mm camera ( a canon Q something or other...he bought it when he was in the military in the late 60's) when I was 13 and fell in love with photography. I still can't really use a point and shoot camera though. Every time I try the pictures come out horrible.

7. I was born on the cusp between Aries and Taurus (The cusp is considered to be the day of the date change and the days on either side of it) so when I read the newspaper horoscope I can read both Aries and Taurus and they both pertain to me.

8. I refuse to watch the news on my birthday, things like to happen..Like Waco and Oklahoma City...I think there is a website dedicated to all the awful things that have happened on April 19th...

9. My Grandmother instilled a fear of Lollipop wrappers in me. Her little sister died by choking on a candy wrapper when she was 2. It was a piece of candy my Grandmother gave her. Every lollipop she gave me when through a 5 minute inspection for cellophane...and every piece of candy my kids get that has plastic in it gets the same.

10. My oldest daughter had an imaginary friend named Dottie who had blonde hair and blue eyes and a little brother named Eddie. Dottie showed up when Aysha was 2 and stayed until she was 7. We used to have to make sure seats in the car were cleaned off for her and I have pictures of her at amusement parks on rides that Dottie was sitting next to her (yes..an empty seat). An interesting/creepy fact about this..the little sister of my Grandmother's that died name was Dorothy aka Dottie.. she had blonde hair and blue eyes. They also had a little brother named Edwin that died when he was 6 months old of whooping cough. And no, we had never discussed Dottie around her as my Grandmother was dead before Aysha was born and the subject had just not come up.

11. I carried 3 white Calla Lily's at my wedding. Yes, I know they are the death flower..but I really love them. lol.

12. I used to be deathly afraid of spiders...but then I married my husband who tortured me with them for years until I got over my fear (it was either get over it..or die of heart failure when he threw things into the shower with me that resembled spiders).

13. I would be happy taking college classes for the rest of my life. I love learning.



8 comments:

ShannonW said...

I can't wiggle my nose, and I hate the way my feet look. I would LOVE to be a full-time college student for the rest of my life.

Happy Thursday!

Holly said...

I love getting to know random things about people. I think it was a good idea!
Great picture of the lightening. How in the World did you get that picture?! It's insanely awesome!
I love the post about the kids at Willoghby-great pics there too.

Anonymous said...

Those are really fun random facts about you!

Ok, I know it's not funny, but the "ear phones kill my jaw" line made the oddest picture of ear phones trying to strangle your jaws pop in my head, and I had to laugh. Sorry! ;)

#10 is definitely a little creepy. You should write a book based on it!

I love calla lilies too, and would have loved to carry it for my wedding...except the priest who married us was already shocked by my bridesmaids' turquoise dresses (for the record, I did NOT choose either their dresses or the color of their dresses...long story), which he claims is the color of death.

Unknown said...

Very kewl list, but how awful for your Grandmother. Oh, I love lilies as well. Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are alergic to grass all right.

Gayle said...

I enjoyed your list...interesting stuff...:)

granolachic said...

hey...i got all giggly when i read your interests...as we share many!! off subject...have you looked into the feingold diet?? it's mentioned specifically for SPD? can't remember if i have blogged about it yet...

btw...i have horrendous feet...my friend in high school used to say no body would marry me b/c of my feet!!

Firefly Mom said...

Wow, #10 is weird in a creepy/cool sort of way. But if your daughter did have an imaginary friend, better it's a family member, right? ;D

My son used to talk to "his angel" (as he called him) that followed him around and hung out in the upper corner of whatever room my son was in. He'd just turn, look up in the corner and start talking away. Even though he's 12 now and hasn't done it for years, a couple of times a week our dog will stop, turn and look in the upper corner of the room and cock her head. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time she does it.